Wednesday 19 August 2009

Round Up


A great opening weekend in the Prem, great goals (Denilson,Rodallega,Noble and Drogba) Some stunning performances (Arsenal) and some poor (Liverpool.) Things really got interesting tonight with Burnley beating Man Utd. I for one am delighted about this result, not because I hate Man Utd (I don't I love watching them) but the reason is that, Owen Coyle is genuinely one of the nicest men in football. And as an ex team mate I'll always want to see him do well.

On Sunday Glenn Hoddle claimed Spurs have a better squad than Liverpool. I'm not sure if he is correct, they may have numerous forwards but as an overall squad I'm not sure. What was clearly apparent on Sunday was Liverpool missing Alonso. As a replacement they could do worse than sign Tom Huddlestone who I believe could be a present day Jan Molby. His range of passing is exquisite, if he had some "water carriers' along side him (Mascherano) I feel he could be the ideal candidate to play the killer balls to Torres and Gerrard. Speaking of Gerrard I loved the Spurs fans chorus' of "You're supposed to be inside" and "Self Defence your having a laugh" those cheeky cockney chappies ya gotta love em.

One plus I felt for Liverpool was Glen Johnson, who I said at the time Chelsea fecked up big time by letting him go. Also the astonishing fact that Martin Tyler gushed out "Torres ratio is better than Rush and Fowler's 50 games-36 goals" Now that would be like telling A Catholic that Pope Benedict has more miracles than Jesus and spent an extra few days on the cross before coming back a day earlier. Do red scousers feel Torres is better than both KOP Gods?

It was good to see that humility and football have not become too estranged. Fabregas' tribute to the late Dani Jarque of Espanyol was a nice touch.

Liverpool bounced back with 4 at home tonight but Aquilani will be needed sooner rather than later.

oh and I believe I hit 50% for my predictions...more will follow.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails