Monday 28 September 2009

Soapbox

OK, lots of little things to get off my chest, so bear with me. First and let me be clear about this. EL HADJ DIOUF YOU ARE A WANK.




Ah that is better, I just had to say it, as annoying a footballer as I have ever come across. Like a bad mix of Gary Neville and Joey Barton, with a touch of Craig Bellamy. Speaking of Bellamy I truly believe he gets a real raw deal in the media, is it because he is Welsh? I really think it is, because if an English player was performing like Bellamy all of their indiscretions would be smoothed over (think Rooney) I hope that people get off his back and judge him on the football, because his work rate, finishing and desire outshine his temper.

Anyway Diouf's "F**K off white boy" has opened up a huge can of worms, and the racism card has been spouted from all sides. Diouf claimed that bananas were thrown at him from the Goodison crowd, which when investigated proved to be false. But it has led to so called experts giving us their opinion on what racism is. Sadly people with far reaching readership have been spouting absolute SHITE. Gabrielle Marcotti, a journalist who I admired and respected has clearly lost his mind. I was appalled on reading this, Marcotti if you read this (ha-ha) racism is racism and for you to suggest otherwise is disgraceful. I could go on and on and spout my views but I can't be arsed, if Marcotti and others believe that then God help us all.

Things that piss me off. Managers who think that it all about them, remember Phil-facial hair experiment- Brown talking to his players on the pitch at half time, well Mickey Adams has now joined him by putting his entire squad on the transfer list. What a Muppet, that is a great way to win over your dressing room by singling players out for not performing in the reserves! The fact that in the same statement he talks of being told that the budget was spent when he arrived and now his reaction is this, get rid of everyone. Here is a revolutionary solution Mr. Adams instead of blaming the players, why don't you try and coach them to be better, is that not your job? You are a coach/manager, not a shopper, work with what you have and make them better, oh wait you can't because YOU are not good enough.

Still on managers pissing me off. Steve Bruce, apart from the fact that his nose looks like his two nostrils are playing Twister against each other, his rant about Darren Bent giving Kenwyne Jones the penalty. "That is something you do with your mates, not in the Premier League" OK fair enough I get his idea of professionalism etc but wait hang on this is coming from a guy who doesn't watch penalties because he is superstitious. I mean COME ON, what is it Steve, do you think the Penalty Pixies will come steal all your good luck if you happen to eyeball one? Muppet.



Some interesting tidbits from Spain, Barca spying on their own directors, could this be considered industrial espionage? Our Spanish man will be giving us the lowdown soon on all things Espana. I am loving the fact that Ibra is silencing the mainly English critics by having the best start EVER for any newcomer to Barca, better than Romario, Ronaldo and even Lineker ;) Also Ronaldo's strop where he ignored the hand of his manager has led to a slight backlash against Pelligrini's rotation system, so it will be interesting to watch the developments there. Having said that Messi, Ronaldo Ibra, and Villa are setting La Liga on fire, lets hope it continues.

No comments:

Related Posts with Thumbnails